Before opening his private practice law firm in 2005, Mr. Nation was employed with the Northern Judicial Circuit's Public Defender's Office. While there, Mr. Nation defended criminal cases of all types, from DUI to Murder, through trial and in appellate proceedings. During that time, he also attended the National Criminal Defense College in Macon, Georgia. Prior to actively practicing law, Mr. Nation served as law clerk to Hon. John Lee Parrott of the Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit.
Mr. Nation is an active member of the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Rockdale County Bar Association. I also currently serve as the Chairman of the Merit Review Board for the Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense 45%
- DUI 35%
- General Litigation 15%
- Will, Trust, Probate 5%
- Georgia, 2002
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 2001
- University of Georgia, Athens
- M.B.A. - 2001
- Major: Business Administration
- Cooper v. State, 279 Ga. 189 (2005). Supreme Ct. Ga. 2005.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2003 to Present
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 2002 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Michael B. Nation, LLC, Solo-practitioner, 2005 to 2013
- Northern Circuit Public Defender's Office, Chief Assistant, 2005
Pro Bono Activities
- In house pro bono work is accepted on a case by case basis, 2005 to Present
- Sigma Chi