Help In Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support And Other Family Law Matters
At the Conyers law firm of Nation, Moore & Associates LLC, we represent clients in a range of family law legal matters. If you are looking for a local and experienced family law attorney for representation in matters that affect your family, contact us to schedule a free consultation. We provide representation in a variety of family law matters:
- Divorce: We assist clients in uncontested divorces, complex divorces, high-asset divorces and marital property division.
- Child custody: Our firm helps parents determine a child custody plan that fits their lifestyle and benefits the child.
- Child support: Our attorneys work to determine fair child support based on a number of factors, including the income of each parent, the financial needs of the child and other factors.
- Marital property division: Georgia is an equitable distribution state, which means that marital property is divided fairly – but not necessarily equally. A number of factors are considered, including the earning power of each spouse, the noneconomic contributions of a nonworking spouse the length of the marriage and more.
- Grandparents’ rights: We represent grandparents who are seeking child custody or visitation rights.
- Adoptions: Our firm assists clients with stepparent adoptions. This requires the termination of parental rights by a biological parent.
- Paternity and legitimation: When a child is born to unmarried parents in Georgia, legal steps need to be taken in order for the father to establish parental rights. Our firm can help with setting up a DNA test to establish paternity as well as legitimation proceedings representing both mothers and fathers.
- Juvenile law: We represents in both public and private cases involving juvenile delinquency, dependency, Children in Need of Services (CHINS) and termination of parental rights cases.
- Domestic violence and temporary protective orders: We help victims of domestic violence seek legal protection through temporary protective orders and other options. We also represent clients who have been falsely accused of domestic violence.
- Award of attorney fees: Our lawyers help plaintiffs seek awards of attorney fees if they prevailed in their applicable cases.Helping Grandparents Maintain Relationships With Their
Helping Grandparents Maintain Relationships With Their Grandchildren
Georgia law has made it increasingly difficult for grandparents to petition the court for custody or visitation rights for their grandchildren. A recent Georgia Supreme Court decision restricts grandparents from petitioning for visitation if the child is living with both parents and they are not legally separated. Before the court will grant a custody or visitation petition, you must prove that it is in the best interest of your grandchild and that your grandchild will be harmed if the petition is not granted. This is a difficult standard to meet.
At Nation, Moore & Associates LLC, we have extensive experience working in Georgia courts to help grandparents stay in the lives of their grandchildren. We can explain the factors used by the court to make decisions and help you build a strong case.
Located in Olde Towne Conyers within walking distance of the courthouse, we help families throughout Rockdale County and the greater Atlanta area. We accept credit cards for all cases, and Spanish interpretation services are available upon request. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.